Visite guidée Aups
 
   
Ballade à travers l'histoire
Collegiale Saint Pancrace Monument de l'insurrection et de  la Resistance Tour de l'horloge Balcon ouvrage Porte des Aires Notre Dame de la Délivrance Vierge du massacre La tour sarrasine Couvent des Ursulines

Visite guidée

Notre Dame de la Délivrance

Notre Dame de la Delivrance
This chapel dates back to 1853. It was built on the ruins of the former castle of the Dukes of Blacas, as an ex voto to the Virgin to thank her for sparing the village from being torched and its inhabitants from being massacred during the fierce battles of 1851 between the supporters of Napoleon III's coup d'état and the Aups republicans.
Dear to the villagers' hearts, an association was created in 1986 to safeguard and restore the chapel.
Every year, in the evening of 15th August, the Virgin of the Notre Dame de la Délivrance is carried in a procession through the streets of the village. Concerts with music and hymns are also held each summer in the chapel.

Following the visit >
Office de Tourisme de Aups - Var - Provence ©   Plan du site &  infos légalesLiens utiles